Tiles are one of the best flooring solutions you can select for your home or commercial property. They are very versatile and can be used in many applications. Tiles are very hygienic, hardwearing and stain resistant compared to timber flooring. In comparison to timber flooring and carpet, tiles are low maintenance and very easy to clean. To keep your tiles in great condition and retain their original appearance for many years to come, follow these simple steps:
• Keep doormats at entrances to property to prevent sand, dirt and other elements that may scratch and wear tile surfaces
• Place protective gliders under any furniture that could damage the tiles surface
• Clean and sweep the tiles on a regular basis. Vacuuming is one of the best ways to maintain tiles.
• Abrasive cleaners are not necessary and should be avoided. A few drops of a soap-free, neutral detergent or methylated spirits will do the trick when mopping.
• If you choose to use a natural cleaning agent, warm water and neutral detergents is effective.
• Beware of dropping heavy items on floor tiles – there is a possibility that they may chip or scratch, regardless of the type of tile used.
Grout and joint cleaning is another important facet of keeping your tiles clean and in pristine conditions. If cleaned correctly and on a regular basis, the original appearance is easy to maintain.
• To ensure that no build up of dirt and contaminates occur in internal corners, grout lines and joint movements, extra attention when cleaning your tiles will sometimes be required
• If mould or discolouration occurs, this is generally due to cleaners or dirt that dried and builds up on the surface of the tile. It can be removed with professional cleaning products.
For specific cases, or if you have any more questions about tile maintenance and care, please contact one of the friendly team members in store.